Saturday, March 29, 2008

Game Idea in Mind

I finally came up with a game idea in mind and would like any feedback on it that anybody can give me.  With it being election season, there are many incentives for voting, and many programs to that encourage younger people to go vote.  I thought about a game centered around a 19 or 20 something year old person.  They can choose to either vote or not and learn the benefits or consequences of their choice.  It would serve as a general education and civil service game.  Being a political science major, I understand the importance of educating the public about voting.  Hopefully this could help get some of the younger population interested in voting since that is the voting population is an older demographic.  

3 comments:

Steward Deering said...

Sounds great! Would you be using the current runners or make up your own?

LeahMo05 said...

I would probably just make up my own. I wouldn't want to show any favoritism towards any of the politicians.

Lee Kraus said...

Leah, cool idea. I would totally recommend you create a paper prototype. I realize you are familiar with the process, but I would love to see how you plan to structure the game.